Search engine optimization or SEO is as much art as it is science and involves making adjustments to both the content portion of your website (what your visitors see) and the html coding section (what the search engine robots or spiders see).
On-site search engine optimization helps provide the search engines like Google, AOL, Bing and Yahoo the information they need to match what your site has to offer to the person conducting an online search. Having a highly optimized website will, over time bring you higher search engine rankings for your chosen keywords. The optimization of your website includes the following:
SEO Step One – Keyword Research
Understanding and identifying the keywords that your potential customers “type in” is key to online success. In addition to these keywords, it is important to use a geo-local strategy to include town names near your business. This powerful combination should be the foundation for all your other lead generating traffic strategies as well.
But keywords that appear to be obvious at the outset are not equal in effectiveness. Some are certainly worth ranking for while others will bring you lots of traffic but that will be hard to convert. In the “keyword world”, there are what’s commonly referred to as “research keywords” and “buying keywords.” Different keyword search terms are used at different points of the buying process so you need to be sure you select wisely.
“Research type keywords” are more generic or general in nature and might bring more traffic to your website, but this traffic is usually in the information gathering stage and less likely to “convert”. They are not in the buying mode just yet and are very hard to convert into a sale or even a lead as they haven’t even made their mind up yet as to whether or not they even want or need your products or services.
“Buying type keywords” on the other hand will bring you less but more qualified traffic. This type of Internet searcher has already done their research and is now ready to buy.
By the end of our analysis, we will have compiled a highly targeted list of geo-targeted buying keywords.
SEO Step Two – Current Website SEO Audit
We provide you with a detailed analysis of where your site is now in terms of:
- Pages indexed in Google, Yahoo and MSN
- Inbound and outbound link analysis
- Search engine ranking report for your top 3 keywords
- Broken links identified
- Internal traffic analysis – most visited pages, entry and exit pages
- Keyword density analysis
Taking the time to do this analysis, not only identifies issues that need to be addressed, it also helps establish benchmarks for future comparison.
SEO Step Three – Competitive SEO Audit
A detailed analysis is conducted on your biggest competitors to see what strategies they may be utilizing to attain high search rankings. This includes their website traffic analysis, keyword analysis and a pay per click analysis (if any) to see what they may be spending on Google Adwords. Understanding what your competition is up to will help us make more informed decisions in terms of SEO, pay per click and other forms of online Internet marketing.
SEO Step Four – “Done For You” Strategic Content Management, Keyword Creation And Website Optimization
Now it’s time to put all the information gathered in the previous stages to work on your website. Selected keywords are incorporated into the html coding (what the search engines see) and in the visible visitor content areas. Meta tags, header tags, titles, descriptions, etc are all keyword optimized to attract the most attention from the search engines.
Internal linking structure is also reviewed to make “spidering” easier for the search engines and your human visitors.
Some Examples of the Changes and/or Additions Made to Your Website
- Html coding – Fix/adjust keywords, page titles, meta tags, header tags
- Add ALT image tags where appropriate
- Add anchor text where appropriate
- Add a tell-a-friend script
- Add your social media widgets or links
- Add a “Share This/Bookmark” button
- Add geo-local identifiers
- Fix any broken links
- Add a Google map to the “Contact Us” page
- Optimized navigation link text will be placed in the appropriate sections of the site
- Optimized content to include keyword rich phrases
- AW Stats Review – 30 minute training on how to log onto your server and view traffic stats
- XML Sitemap Creation – makes it easier for search engines to index your pages
- Add Google analytics to help you track your website stats
- Register and verify your analytics with Google
To learn more, set up a phone consultation or get pricing, please call or e-mail
David Carleton at 858-442-3131